Well, today marks the end of the Chinese New Year. These fifteen days are really long. Seemed like a month already.
I was rather grateful for a well-spent Sunday. Shu Ming came over and we decided to play badminton at the cc.
By the time we got to the court, a family had already booked it. We decided to wait till they leave. Teamed up and played with 3 kids. They were pretty good. Haha. We noticed the next group of people who booked the court. Haha, 'ate' into their time and ignored their existence. Our game stopped only when one of the guys became fed-up with waiting.
I realised Dad has a temperament that piss those around him off. And the bad thing is that it's rather frequent already. He's getting unreasonable sometimes. His perception of many different things in life is very much different from the past. Sometimes it's difficult to even have a good chat with him about this. Come to think of it I have never successfully had a complete good talk with him. The suffocation gets tighter as each friendly arguement turns unpleasant and negative.
I ever wondered about the relationship between Dad and us in the future. What might happen? Given the situation now, where he often using his parental authority to suppress us, I don't think things are getting any better.
Sometimes, I really don't know how to appreciate him in the best way. You see, he can be an angel at times and be really good to us (and I really appreciate that). On the other hand he can be someone whom you really feel like screaming your head off at, just because you were not given a chance to explain yourself at all. Parents like to always mention this '我吃盐比你吃米多', meaning they are definitely more experienced in life and they are supposingly advisors to the younger generation. Yes, I agree with that, but only to a certain extent. In this new generation, people of our age are experiencing things that are way beyond the older generation's expectations. There are times where the older generation learns from the younger generation. And tell me, what the hell is wrong with that? Truth is, parents have this major P-R-I-D-E in them. I don't doubt that, cuz everyone has his own pride. I've always believed that it is all up to how we use our pride. And in order to protect our pride, which is a very vulnerable spirit within us, how far will anyone go? How much will we deny?
I think it's very important to say what we mean and mean what we say.
Dad is getting older. I know. Therefore, whenever possible, I will really try my best to accommodate him. But, sometimes, when things are really off, I feel that I shouldn't hesitate to remind him about it, whatever ways possible.
Mothers are really the best in the world. I'm really proud to have such a mother! All the way, Mom!